I was in the library the other day reading Lonnice Brittenum Bonner’s The Kitchen Beautician and I found some very interesting things that you can add to your bathwater to make it more interesting. After a long day of work, class, or a serious workout in the gym, it feels good to take a warm bath and listen to Pandora. I feel like taking a relaxing bath is the perfect way to reflect on the day and have some quality me time.
· Interesting Fact: I found out that it is better for your body to take warm baths compared to hot baths. Hot water can damage capillaries, which contributes to spider veins. Hot water can also dry out your skin and make you dizzy. I don’t think being dizzy is great when you are trying to relax.
- Sea Salt: Conditions skin; add 3 cups to warm water
- Oatmeal: considered a Natural Cleanser; softens and soothes irritated skin. Add a cup of colloidal oatmeal such as Aveeno or finely grounded oatmeal to warm water.
- Milk: This doesn’t mean going to your refrigerator and pouring a half gallon jug of milk into your bath tub lol. Milk is used as a skin softener. Add 1 or 2 packs of dried milk to warm water.
- Rice Wine: eliminates toxins and tones skin; purchase a cheap bottle of rice wine and add the whole bottle to warm water.
- Fresh Rose Petals: Not just for Valentine’s Day; the petals are fragrant and soothing to dry skin.